Sunday, May 30, 2010

Rockin' Through The Rain

I wanted to put a quick post up about where I spent most of today. My friends Stephen Salyers and Courtney Allen put on an amazing all day benefit called Rockin' Through The Rain at Limelight to raise money for victims of the flood.

The day started off with a great round that included Trista Mabry, Travis & Julie, and Megan Peeler.
The next round included Thomas Rhett Akins and my very close friend Shy Blakeman with Ted Russell Kamp bass player, mandolin picker, writer and producer extraordinaire and Nick Nguyen

This is the first time I have seen Shy play since the release of his newest album, Long Distance Man and I must say I am really proud of him for the performance he put on. Shy always gives 110% on stage and is a great performer so I applaud him for getting up there on stage at noon on a Sunday to play his ass off for a benefit. Please support Shy and buy his album. He has worked so hard to get where he is at I feel he should be recognized and rewarded for what he done and gone through!

I also wanted to commend Alicia Katy on a great job! This was my second time to see her and she put on a fantastic set!

Following Alicia was my favorite "Real American" Melissa Bollea She has some great stuff she is writing. Check her out!

Next was another of my close friends, Leigh Brandon Houison with a great set. Also in Leigh's round was wonder-duo Chelsee & Rob and Christy MacDonald

I also got to enjoy sets by Jesse Lee, Mason Douglas, and Megan Connor (whom, by the way, supposedly teaches a spin class- I'm going to the wrong spin class! I need a spin instructor like that!)

Others that I didn't get to see were Big Vinny from Trailer Choir, Michael Gresham, Brian Desveaux, and a full band performance by Rachel Bradshaw
I am sorry to those people mentioned above and others that I missed their sets but I want to thank each and every one of you for playing and donating your time. A special thanks to Adria DeLaune and Tara James for letting me hang with them!

But my biggest thanks goes out to Courtney and Stephen and all the volunteers for all the hard work they put into it. Please check out Stephen if you have a chance. He might be the only person I know that can sing for 25,000 and not need a PA.

1 comment:

  1. It was good to meet you at the benefit. Thank u so much for the sweet words about everyone especially Courtney. Nashville is such a great town. Everyone is so nice and helpful. I am so glad I came to the show. I got some great auction items too!

    ReplyDelete