Monday, May 24, 2010

A prelude to priorities...

The last 10 days or so have been crazy. Tons of good, a little bad, but all educational and motivating. Where to start? My dad had his final Chemo treatment before he gets rescanned. Let's hope that this shrunk those fuckers and made their existence as painful and stressful as they have made pops'!

I had an interview for an internship on Friday. I think it went well. I felt rushed but it is such a perfect opportunity for me. I really hope I get it. But it will only happen if it is meant to happen. I have forced things before and they didn't pan out the way I wanted them to. Have you ever been talking to somebody and giving them advice and it was like you were supposed to be saying it to yourself? That's what I feel like I happened to me recently. I was telling someone that what they wanted to happen will but only if it is supposed to. Then I said, "In my mind, our story has already by written. We just hope it reads the way we want it to." I think you do write your own destiny to an extent but that only goes so far. After that, it is in someone or something's hands and out of your control.

What else has been going on? My friend from previous blogs has had a roller coaster couple of weeks too. However, she made some choices and some choices just came to her and she did what she felt was right in her heart. I couldn't be more proud of her! She might not be completely happy but she is almost there and it is because of her own choices. Not because of something I did or something somebody else did for her.

I want to apologize to a couple friends for being a flake on Saturday night. I should've of been there and I wasn't. I am sorry. If it is any consolation, please go to Tara's myspace page and check out her music:
http://www.myspace.com/taranicolejames

I did get to apologize to Adria for not being there and had a great chat about life: Where we were headed, how we were gonna get there, and why we might not get there just how we want to. This girl is truly a gifted writer and I believe we have song to finish from LAST SUMMER! I have put this video on here before but I want to make sure you hear the song. It is "Talk Myself Out of Loving You" sung by Leigh Brandon Houison but cowritten by Adria DeLaune


What else? I went to see my friends El Camaro about two weeks ago and after they were done we walked down to Robert's on Broadway. I met some fun girls from Chicago that chose to come to town (a week after the floods by the way) for two of their birthdays. Laura felt it was a good idea to take a picture of me and the sad thing is I don't remember it. I am wearing sunglasses in the bar. WTF?!?! I also think there was a picture from the next night of Laura and I but I can't seem to find that anywhere. Hmmmmmmmmmmmm. Laura please give my best to all those girls and I will be looking for a chance to get to Chicago.

The last thing I am going to say is aimed at my good friend (and fellow Tennessee Squire) Amanda Broadway. I had a rough couple of days and Amanda was there to help get me through it. It wasn't just Amanda and I want to thank everyone that offered advice and showed concern. I first met Amanda at a little Deliverance-esque gig that Leigh and Tyler Stenson put on. I met her a few other times but over the last month I have really gotten to know her and appreciate her friendship. If you watched the video above, she is singing harmonies. Her harmonies give me goosebumps. I got to see her play with a full band yesterday and she sound phenomenal! If you are around Nashville tomorrow night, come hear her at Stephen Salyers Tuesday Night Social at Tin Roof. With that said, I will leave you with one of Amanda's songs:


PS- Don't be surprised if there is more tomorrow as I feel like I still have tons to write! Thanks again for caring guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment