Wednesday, May 12, 2010

HOPE...

So I have received a few comments about my last blog and I must say that I am still humbled that people care enough about what I have to say to read it. Thank you so much!

This weekend I was invited to go to Tunica with some friends. I had such a great time. We got there about midnight Friday and started partying almost immediately. It was a very long night that ended up with a deodorant stick and a price tag that led to two comped nights. Saturday we went to Graceland. It was interesting. I had been before but I was much younger. I have a different (but better) appreciation for it but, as someone pointed out, it was sort of creepy to be worshiping a dead person the way they were. I also don't like being pressured to buy something the way Elvis Presley Enterprises does. Every door we walked through had a gift shop waiting on the other side. Overall, am I glad I did it? Sure. Will I do it again? Probably not but maybe.

I also got to help a friend through a tough time. This made me extremely happy I decided to go on this trip. I have such a tremendous amount of respect and admiration for this girl and her smile is something I want to stay on her face always. The smile is there. I have seen it. I saw it couple times this weekend. Even though that bastard WIll Ferrell cheapened it with Elf, I really do like seeing a smile. To me, it's the best accessory a girl can wear. However, the toothless women at Walmart on Saturday mornings should not wear one! Nobody wants to see that shit!

My friend had said that people have told her that the light in her eyes is gone. I disagree with that. I don't know what kind of light WAS in there but I see some light. I see sparkles. I see promise. I see potential. I see happiness. It's right around the corner. And it has me so excited to get to experience this friendship with a heart that isn't broken. Every little piece of her heart that gets put back together, a piece of mine is also. Obviously, I have invested a lot of my own heart and passion into helping her get over that fucking prick. I would never make a situation worse (at least not intentionally), but man would I like to see him pay for what he did to her. I'm not really going to do anything but believe me, I wish I could.

Anyway, I think I will get off my soapbox and get back to the good times we had in Tunica. Here are some of the quotes that were said over the weekend (I am not going to use names, to protect the guilty):
- While speaking to the hotel staff, one of us (in a sleeping-pill induced haze) asked, "Are they speaking in kitten?" I don't even know what kitten-speak sounds like.
- After hearing that Buck Wild was finally reopening this weekend, someone asked, "Why did they close? Was there a shooting or something?" Nooooooo......there was flood remember?
- "Toodaloo muthafuckas! Wanna suck on these chinese nutzzzzzzz?!?!?!" Over and over and over and over again.
- "If you cross the sausage roll, I will shart on your leg."
- "Will you take a picture with me?"
- There was a period of at least 10 minutes where one person read every quote from The Hangover's page on IMDB in a nice restaurant.
- "She wants a mermosa." "You mean a mimosa?" "Yeah."
- Can't remember exactly how it was worded but it went along the lines of, "You still ride the short bus?!?!" "Yes. I'm still retarded."

That's all I remember really but I can promise you there were a lot more.

With that said, I want to thank the people that went. I had such a great time. It was one of the best times I have had in a long while and l am very appreciative of the invitation. I hope to do it again soon!

Before I leave you with the "song of the blog," I hope I made you laugh a little. If I did, as a thank you, please do me a favor and watch this video. There are a lot of causes that mean a lot to me for one reason on another and eventually I'd like to get you familiar with all of them but this one is a new one and I just wanted to help spread the word a little bit. Thanks guys! I really appreciate your comments and encouragement!



And here is the video for the blog:

No comments:

Post a Comment