Sunday, April 18, 2010

Gungala Gungala

Thursday was a great day! My dad surprised me for my birthday and flew me out to Palm Springs, California for my birthday. I have never been a golfer but the bug recently has really bitten me. Being here, you have no choice but to like golf.
Friday, my dad, my uncle (who’s house we are staying at), and myself headed up to the Mountains course at Big Horn Country Club. According to my uncle, this is the 5th hardest course in the Western US. I had an excellent drive off the first tee. After that, I wish I could say it was “downhill.”….It was worse. I lost more golf balls than I could keep count of. I probably killed a few lizards in the bushes and fish in the water. But this is only the 2nd time I have ever played. I have been going to the driving range for years but never felt confident enough to play a full round. After yesterday, I realized how much fun golf can be, even if you suck.

The most important thing though was that my dad actually played too! He hasn’t played in over a year due to the profound effects chemo had on him. He hit a few birdies and had a couple AMAZING drives. Not bad for a man that had lost about 65 pounds and had a tumor the size of a volleyball. He gained about 40 pounds back so far but the cancer came back and the new chemo treatments are going to be much different. We don’t know how much weight he will lose again but the weight loss won’t be nearly as drastic as before.

Saturday we got up, went to get some breakfast and then I had a lesson with an instructor and she was phenomenal! One hour with Amy and everything is completely better. My swing and my drives are all improved. Like night and day improvement.

Today, there might be another lesson or a round of golf, or both. There is also In-N-Out Burger in my future. Can’t wait for that! I don’t think I have had it since I moved back from Scottsdale.

For my music selection this week, I am going with two videos. They aren’t related to this blog this time but they are two close friends who are cranking out some great stuff!

The first one is, “Talk Myself Out of Loving You” which was written by Leigh Houison and Adria DeLaune. They are both super talented and are writing some great songs! This is Leigh singing it at 12th and Porter


The other song is “Wild as Me” by Kelly Paige. This girl has something special. I see very bright things in her future. I also see lots of cocktails in her future ;)


The quality isn’t very good so I suggest you go listen to the song on her myspace page
http://www.myspace.com/kellypaigecountry

1 comment: